I've seen many posts out there telling people how to convert mkv files to interim AVCHD and TS files that can be burned to blu-ray discs, but that is hardly a solution. It seems to me that it is really not efficient to create another intermediary 10+GB files on hard-drive, and then wait later sometime the same exact data to be burned to the disc. MKV to Blu-ray burner is especially tailored for your needs to convert and burn MKV to Blu-ray at one time. The Blu-ray burner simplify the process of Blu-ray creation into several clicks. The whole set of burning processes is pretty much the same if you have ever burnt yourself a DVD. It is followed by the sequence of adding files, setting output disc and burning. The MKV files and other videos could be converted and burnt on various recordable discs, like DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW (in AVCHD), BD-R, BD-RE, etc. In addition to the foregoing, the latest version of Sothink HD Movie Maker authroizes Blu-ray times faster than similar products, and offers customized HD DVD Menu which was not yet widely supported. It's one of the best MKV to Blu-ray Burner you could ever find.
- Know More about How to Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- Burn Multi-Format Video to Blu-ray: this Blu-ray burner supports to burn MKV, WMV, MOV, MPEG, AVI, MP4, RM, RMVB, M2TS, M2T, MTS, FLV, etc to Blu-ray Disc.
- Burn MKV Videos to AVCHD: The support to burn video on regular DVD in AVCHD format is considerably offered to users who do not have Blu-ray burner for now.
- Make Fabulous HD DVD Menu: Create Blu-ray movie menu for stylish playback, and support customizing background image, music, title text, etc.
- Useful Editing Features: Support rich editing & setting functions, including create chapters, cut video clip, add external subtitle, 5.1 surround sound and so forth.
- Fastest Blu-ray Movie Burner and Extremely Easy to Use: 200% faster than any other Blu-ray movie software. And proved user-friendly and intuitive interface.
Step by Step Guide about How to Burn MKV to Blu-ray
This tutorial shows you basic features to burn MKV to Blu-ray using this Blu-ray burner. The processes is quite simple and only need few clicks. From there, you'll quickly discover most of the other features of the program yourself.
- Step 1. Import MKV Videos into the Program
Install and launch Sothink HD Movie Maker. Click “Add Files” button on the top tool bar to import MKV files into the program. Or simply drag and drop to add MKV videos.
Tip: There is a window on the right bottom of the program for previewing the importing MKV videos. And you may switch between "Details" mode and "Thumbnails" mode on the upper right corner to view the information about your source video(s).
- Step 2. Set Output HD Disc and Create HD DVD Menu Template
- Go to General Settings panel and set target HD disc size. If you select DVD-5 or DVD-9, no matter for DVD burner or Blu-ray burner, it actually burns out "AVCHD". If you select BD-25 or BD-50, it will burn MKV in BD format.
- Now go to Movie Menu on the right. Choose "Yes" in the drop-down menu under item "Create menu". And then you could set BG image, BG audio and others by browsing.
- Step 3. Convert MKV Video and Burn on HD DVD
- Make sure the MKV videos have been ticked and DVD disc or Blu-ray disc is loaded in driver. Back to the main interface, click "Burn" to start convert and burn MKV to Blu-ray. During the conversion progress, HD Movie Maker automatically creates a folder for saving temporary files. Make sure the folder is created in a hard disk with enough free space. Those temporary files folder and other settings of conversion are all set under dialog "Options".
When the video conversion is completed, it pops up a dialog and starts burning the generated video files to disc. The burning function requires Windows XP SP2 or above versions. If the system doesn't meet the requirement, HD Movie Maker will automatically create a standard folder to store the generated Blu-ray movie. And just wait a few minutes, you could enjoy MKV on Blu-ray!
Formats and Devices Supported by HD Movie Maker
Input Video Formats
HD videos: AVI, DivX, XviD, WMV, MOV, MPEG, MP4, 3GP, MKV, QT, RM, RMVB;
Shot videos: MP4 (iPhone4), M2TS, M2T, MTS, DV (Panasonic, Sony, Canon, JVC);
Flash videos: YouTube FLV;
DVD videos: VOB
Blu-ray Disc (BDMV): BD-R, BD-RE, BD-25, BD-50, etc
DVD Disc (AVCHD): DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc
Supported HD Players
Blu-ray Players and Sony PS3
- How to Burn AVCHD?
- Know more about How to Burn MP4 to Blu-ray?
- How to Download Blue-ray Software?
- How to Burn MPEG to Blu-ray?
- Enjoy High-definition Movies with Video to HD Software.
- Information about Burning AVC to Blu-ray?
- Tip For Ripping DVD to High-Definition HD Video.
- How to Burn AVI to Blu-ray?
- Got Problem with Ripping DVD to YouTube? Read This.
- Quick Step to Burn MOV to Blu-ray?
- How to Download YouTube Video?
- Convert Sony HD Camcorder AVCHD files to AVI.